Research Center Phone - 603-862-1544
Visit, email, chat, text or schedule a consultation appointment with a subject librarian!
Tips for Getting Started:
1. Start with yourself and work backwards!
2. Fill in a Family Tree with all the information you already know.
3. Collect information from your family through interviews, Bible, and other family records, and cemetery inscriptions.
4. Prove, document, and record each generation before progressing.
5. Do your own research to find proof, and cite original sources.
Some of the best sources to start with are:
Census Records and Vital Records (Birth, Marriage, and Death Records)
The following is a selection of websites you can use to start your genealogy research. Some sites contain documents and others distribute other people's research. Use other people's research--even when published--with caution and work to find original sources whenever possible.
Librarians are happy to set up one-on-one appointments to help you get started with your genealogy research. Use the button above or call the Research Center desk at 603-862-1544.