For More Help
Contact the Reference Desk:
Phone - 603-862-1544
Tips on Grant Writing
See more Tips on Grant Writing
This guide was developed by Susan Leonardi, MLIS graduate student at the University of Rhode Island, in Spring 2011 and is now maintained by UNH librarians.
Find information about the different types of grants available.
- Over 96,000 foundations, corporate giving programs, and grantmaking public charities in the U.S.
- Over 3,600 sponsoring companies
- Over 1.4 million recently awarded grants
- Over 533,000 recently filed IRS Forms 990 and 990-PF
- Get information about the operations and finances of over 850,000 U.S. charitable organizations.
- Search by organization type, name, location, income range, and more.
- To search database, users must register for a free password.
See Grant Sources for more suggestions.
- CFDA: Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance This is a database of all Federal programs available to State and local governments; domestic public, quasi-public, and private profit and nonprofit organizations and institutions; specialized groups; and individuals.
- Grants.gov An access point for over 1,000 grant programs offered by all Federal grant making agencies
- Grant Information (U.S. Dept. of Education)
See more Government Resources
A keyword search of titles, authors, subjects, and content notes.
Results are ranked by relevance. Further refining by date, format, language, and more is possible.
The pulldown menu can be changed to limit search to UNH Libraries only or broadened to search libraries worldwide (mostly in the US and Canada).
To search for a specific title, author, subject, call number, ISBN, etc. held by the UNH Library, use the UNH Catalog Advanced Search.
See Find Books for more information.
News about Philanthropy
From The New York Times
Research Guide Poll
Is this Research Guide helpful to you?