Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Ebrary Books on Kindle Fire
Viewing an ebrary book on a Kindle Fire is possible although it requires some extra steps due to Amazon’s proprietary software.
Adobe Digital Editions is not available on mobile devices, and a third-party e-reader is required to view ebrary ebooks.
Install Adobe Digital Editions
Kindle Setup (one-time event)
You first need to “Allow installation of Applications From Unknown Sources”. Go to Settings\Device and turn this feature on.
Install Aldiko reader. Access this link on your Kindle Fire (sent via email or by accessing this article from your Kindle Fire web browser): http://aldiko.zendesk.com/entries/402881-download-the-latest-version-of-the-aldiko-book-reader-application
After it is downloaded, tap the notification bar at the top of your Kindle’s screen and select the file you just downloaded to install it.
Verify the installation by opening up Aldiko from your Kindle Fire.
Download your ebook to the Kindle Fire
- From your computer, download the ebrary book you wish to view on your Kindle Fire. You should see a .acsm file being downloaded in your browser window. If not, verify it is a title that can be downloaded at http://support.ebrary.com/english/868.
- Open Adobe Digital Editions on your computer to actually download the book(s).
- Attach your Kindle Fire to your computer via a Micro USB 2.0 data cable. Your Kindle should say “You can now transfer files from your computer to Kindle.” If it does not, unplug and plug back in.
- Give it a minute or so and you will see a KINDLE device in your list of bookshelves in the left pane of the Adobe Digital Editions interface.
- You will be asked to authorize your Kindle. Please do so or else the books will not open.
- Drag and drop your book from Adobe Digital Editions Library to your Kindle.
- Unplug your Kindle.
- Open the Aldiko app on your Kindle: you will see the downloaded book(s) listed.