This is a quick tutorial on how to download Zotero.
1. Go to Zotero's homepage (https://www.zotero.org) and click the red download button on the front page:
2. Click the Download button below Zotero 5.0 for Mac or Zotero 5.0 for PC
3. Follow the instructions for downloading the application onto your computer. This may look different depending on what browser you are using.
4. For a Mac, you will have to drag and drop the Zotero icon over to your Applications folder. This is not the case for PC users.
5. Next, click the Download button below Zotero Connector. This connector will live in your browser and helps you save articles, webpages, and more with a click of a button. The best browsers to use with Zotero are Firefox and Chrome.
6. After you download the Connector to the Chrome browser, you will be prompted to add the connector to Chrome. You will know that the Zotero connector has been added if you see a little, grey document in your browser menu.
7. Downloading Zotero 5.0 and the browser connector should automatically include a Microsoft Word plugin. You can see the Zotero plugin on the top menu in Microsoft Word.
Once you download Zotero, you may be prompted to create a Zotero account. This account will allow you to save your Zotero library to the cloud and collaborate with others in shared Zotero collections.