- Go to Zotero.org and click Login to create profile.
- In Zotero, go to Edit > Preferences> Sync tab to enter your user information.
Creating a profile allows you to:
- Back-up your collection on the Zotero server.
- View your library from different computers.
- Share your citations with a group. You can create a group using the people icon () in Zotero.
- Save searches and add results to your personal library automatically. Right click on My Library in Zotero and select "New Saved Search". The search will create a folder and update it when new items are added to your library that match the search criteria. This is a useful way to see when someone in your group added a new item.